Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Moms or Dads


Recently, I was trying to convince Emma to take choir next year.  (Silly me, when will I learn I can't convince her of anything?) I had heard less than excellent reviews about the classes she chose instead of choir and I know Emma.  I know how much my little songbird loves to sing.  She comes home from church choir practice buoyantly singing the songs to me.  Why not school choir?

"I've made my choice," she vehemently declared.

So I called in my secret weapon.  Not for the first time. I told Adam why I thought choir would suit Emma.  He told her.  She agreed with him.  She decided to take choir.

What gives?

I know I was the same way.  My dad's words somehow carried more weight than my mother's.  Adam and I speculated.  Maybe it's because your mom is there for more of the day.  She is there nagging advising all the time.

I told Jill and Stephanie.  They both said their moms had more clout than their dads when they were growing up.

There goes that theory.

So what do you think?  Which parent had more convincing power?  Why?

1 comment:

Marianne said...

Clarissa and Deseret say they DEFINATELY go more with what I think than Robert. When I asked why, Clarissa said, "I don't believe half the things Dad says."

Desi said, "Dad gets crazy ideas."

Don't tell Robert.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails