Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Quest: Chocolate Cake



I made my first entry in The Chocolate Cake Quest when I made Mark's half birthday cake.  It was from Our Best Bites.  I made the cake and the frosting.  They weren't too labor intensive which is important.  I dirtied a lot more dishes than if I'd made a cake mix and my regular frosting, but this is, after all, The Quest.

The cake was a tiny bit dry.  Not really dry, but not as moist as I'd like.  The frosting was a little too rich.  I liked it, but I should have used a thinner layer.



I had enough extra frosting to make these:



I should have made more.

I didn't need such a thick layer of frosting and frosting on graham crackers is maybe the ambrosia the Greek gods ate on Mt. Olympus.


The Quest continues.

2 comments:

Susie said...

Looks super yummy!! I just love that web site and I have the cookbook too. I have made a lot of yummy things from them. They sell the cookbook at Costco. Thanks for sharing the cake quest!

Olivia Cobian said...

Thanks a lot. This is the first day of my diet and that cake looks divine! Do you think I'll be able to think of anything else now?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails