Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

What I Cleaned in May

I revamped our school room (and dusted and cleaned it down to the last corner).  Our school is completely unrecognizable from what it was last year when I had three students filling it so it was time to modify the room as well.  I also was looking for an upstairs large surface for homework.  Braeden's and Emma's homework destination seemed to be a couch downstairs with the accompanying sprawl.

I also just like to change.

And move furniture.

I moved this desk into Emma's room:


And also abandoned the fold down wooden desk you see.  I used to have one for each child.  They weren't being used.  The desk you see was Mark's but you can see him over on the futon.

Now I have this big table (carried from Jill's house across the street...she no longer had a need for it).  Thank you Jill!


Mark, of course, does his school work under the table.  Why wouldn't he?

I also claimed this desk from Emma's room for my own.


I did some picture swapping and hanging.  I'm trying to see how many nail holes I can possibly make in my walls.

I hung up this map that I like.  (An accurate, official map in a school room is overrated.)


I also created this collection in the stairwell.  I envision adding to it until every bit of the wall is covered.  (Adam?  You'll help me, right?)


My favorite change maybe is putting these pictures in frames.  My talented and dear brother Tabor painted them for me when he was about ten or eleven.  I was a freshman in college and he sent them to me periodically.  I missed him when I went to college because he had made me laugh every night at dinner while we were growing up.  The paintings cheered me up then like they do now.

He still makes me laugh whenever I talk to him and I still miss him.



I never, no, never, measure for picture placement.  I am the queen of eyeballing and imperfection.  It more or less works for me.

I enlisted Adam's help in hanging these pictures though and he did a bunch of math.


I'm glad there are people like him in the world.

And I'm glad he's my people like him.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails