Pages

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Pizza quest 5

We had our best pizza so far last Monday night at The Rock.  It's a restaurant where you sit down so we could soak up the atmosphere (and form opinions about it).  It has a rock and roll theme.  I appreciate a theme that is undertaken but not overdone and I think they achieved that.  Skulls and blaring music isn't really my favorite but you can't fault them for nailing down a concept.

We ordered the requisite cheese pizza and it was hands down the best we've had.  Plain cheese pizza will never be my favorite but this was good.

It took talking to a few employees before we decided which was their specialty.  It's interesting to me that few restaurants know what their specialty is.  We settled on The Founders Pie.  It did not disappoint.  It had pepperoni and sausage, some crazy good sauce and dollops of ricotta cheese on top.  Also, as a bonus, the sausage was good.  Not a caraway seed in sight.


Adam asked the waitress how big the two extra large pizzas were.  Would they feed our crew?  She said, "Oh yes, you'll have a few pieces leftover for lunch tomorrow."

I looked across the table at my ravenous children.

I knew we'd need a back up plan for lunch the next day.

And I was right.


2 comments:

Marianne said...

I like caraway seeds.

Olivia Cobian said...

I'm just wondering why Braeden and Mark gave the specialty pizza only an "It's okay." Could they expound please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails