Pages

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Yeah, Mark's home

Mark came home Tuesday night.  We were head over heels excited to see him.  I felt like a missing piece fell into place.

(Then yesterday, Emma left for Girls' Camp and another piece fell out of place.)

Before leaving for work yesterday morning, Adam said, "Well, you can tell Mark's home."

Our entire house feels different with him here. He is loud and chatty and makes his presence known through his belongings as well.

On the floor of his room there's the book he finished reading on the trip, his glasses case and a new t-shirt from his trip, almost laid out like a display.  Why Mark?  Why?

Also there are Legos in this picture.  Because Mark=Legos

Gavin was here.  He and Mark hugged with so much exuberance they practically knocked each other over.  Then they talked fast, catching each other up on the news, then they plunked down to watch Dr. Who.  Because they aren't already weird enough.

Mark was cold.  I guess that's what happens when you've been on the beach in Florida and now you're back in Seattle where the temperature lingers in the 70s. He's wearing a long sleeved shirt and is under a blanket in this picture.  Gavin's been here so he's in shorts and a t-shirt.


Mark left his shoes at the bottom of the stairs because that way everyone could trip on them both going up and down the stairs.  He's thoughtful like that.


Mark's souvenirs were strewn across the floor.

Come on over and he'll give you a guided tour of the souvenirs.  He'll either give you the long version or the long version.


He had to pick up everything before he could get lunch.  Lunch = his currency.

Braeden, who is toiling away at his summer reading when he is home from work, noticed a big difference around here too.  Emma and I never quite demand his attention like Mark.  (I don't think anyone, anywhere, demands attention quite like Mark.)

When Adam got home, the house was still--Markified--and I had made him clean up several times.  He was talking nonstop and walking around eating a piece of watermelon.  I sent him to the kitchen table and Adam told me later that I seemed frazzled.   Was it because Mark is home?  Probably.  That kid is frazzling.  (And watermelon slices are a strictly sit down to eat unless you are outside sort of food.)  He is also loving and funny and cuddly and good company.

I'm glad my baby is back.  I missed him.  A lot.

3 comments:

Robert Johnson said...

I'm glad he's home.

Robert Johnson said...

Robert is too, but Marianne wrote both these messages.

Anonymous said...

Did he LOOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEE the Hunger Games??? I just reread it and even though I've already read it and seen the movie a lot, I couldn't put it down. Those are super great books. :)

P.S. This is Clarissa.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails