Pages

Friday, July 26, 2013

The best and the worst

Summer in Seattle is the best.  It really is. 

Getting mail from the high school about information for back to school is the worst.

Adam taking a day off from work to go to Girls' Camp with me to help with the Night Hike is the best.  He is helpful and heroic and funny and he sneakily played Words With Friends with me on his cell phone when things got boring. (No electronics!  Also no opened toe shoes and Adam wore sandals.  What can you do?)

Adam beating me at Words with Friends every ring ding time we play is the worst.

Coming home to my own bed instead of camping is the best.

Leaving Emma behind at camp when she didn't feel well and wanted me to stay with her was the worst.  (I tried to get her to come home with me but she said she "wouldn't be able to live with herself if she quit.")

Having Emma for a daughter is the best.

The carnage of Braeden and Mark being home all evening without us is the worst.  The dishes!  The scattered everything!

A dishwasher and making boys weed in the garden is the best.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

All things considered, I think your best outweighs your worst.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails