Pages

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

A list

Yesterday morning--in the bleary pre-swim team practice bleariness, Emma asked me for a small shampoo bottle.  I knew there was one in the shower and I stepped inside the shower to grab it.

The shower hadn't been used for nearly 24 hours, but there was a little water in the bottom and I was wearing socks.

Stepping in water with socks on is the worst.  "Is this going to be a bad day?" I wondered.  Because it didn't seem like a brilliant start.

Then I had a flat tire.  It had three nails in it!  Wha?  That seems odd for a van in the suburbs that hasn't frequented construction sites.

Sometimes when there are things like stepping in water with socks and three nails in my tire, it feels like the universe is plotting against me.  It's nice to pause and recognize the good stuff. 

1) I got my tire fixed.

2) Jill took Braeden to work (since I was still getting my tire fixed and we still don't have his car though I would like to think we are very very close).  Having drop everything-when-you-need-them friends is wonderful.

3) I was confessing insecurities to Olivia and she wouldn't hear a word of it.  Having a little sister that refuses to see you as anything other than successful is wonderful.

4) Emma and I made 13 pints of jam.  Raspberry.

5) There were leftover raspberries to snack on.  If there's anything better than raspberries fresh from a Northwest field, I don't know what it is.

treats for my writing group...don't give me too much credit, I saw the idea in a magazine


6) Janet brought me the berries so I didn't have to drive to the farm.  I did have to squabble with her a bit over payment but we reached a compromise.  Having a friend who brings you fresh raspberries and doesn't want to be paid enough for them is wonderful.

7) I ended my day with my writing group.  We read each other some of the stories we've written together.  We realized we have gotten better.  We laughed out loud at each others' funny characterizations. 

8) And then it was all over and I tiredly climbed into bed and into Adam's arms.  There is no better way to end a day.

Sorry universe, you can try but things are just pretty good.




1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

Why didn't you invite me to Writers' Group? I'm not much of a writer, but those berries look divine!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails