Pages

Tuesday, June 6, 2017

What animal am I?

The other day at lunch (I love having my kids home for lunch!) we were chatting about who knows what and the conversation turned to Braeden, because we miss him.

Mark said, "He is really just a big puppy."

And it's true.  Braeden is lovable and adoring and curious and sweet and puppy-like.  Also, he's wise and compassionate and I'm not sure that's puppy-like but whatever.

"What animal am I?" Emma wondered.

A cat.  Definitely.  She loves to nap, she is disdainful of people when she doesn't want people and she can be sweet and purring sometimes too.  Also, have you ever seen a startled cat?

Emma.

"What about me?" Mark asked.

We decided he's a goat.  He'll eat anything and he can be destructive (see: the Farmer's Insurance commercial about the "billy goat ruffians"?).  Also, I love goats.  They are cute and Horace is my favorite pet ever.

After deciding he was a goat, Mark did his best fainting goat impressions.

Adam, of course, is a bear.  We all know that.

No one can decide what animal I am.  Mark voted for Mama Bear (like he said, "You love the Papa Bear") and Emma thought I was a horse.  What?

She said, "You're reliable and steady and sometimes you freak out."  (Apparently this is Emma's opinion on horses.)

Later, when Adam was home, he thought maybe I was Piglet, as in Winnie the Pooh's friend.

That sort of works, if Adam's Winnie the Pooh.


That sort of sums up our marriage.

I think we'll need Braeden to weigh in with his opinion.

Adam and I are also trying to decide which Jane Austen character I am most like.

I've decided he's Colonel Brandon with maybe a little bit of Mr. Knightly.  I would like to be Anne Elliot because she is awesome.  Adam said I am Marianne Dashwood (first Piglet and now Marianne Dashwood?!?).  I protested that she is sort of ridiculous but like Adam pointed out, she gets Colonel Brandon in the end.

I guess this is all to say, we're not wasting our time over here.  We're figuring out important things.

Also, if you want to be happy for the rest of your life, marry someone who will discuss Jane Austen with you.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails