Pages

Friday, September 1, 2017

Grateful Friday -- a list

1) I'm grateful for Mark.  I'm glad I have him to help me fix things and build things and make me laugh.

Mark built a step stool for Emma so she can get on her tall bed easier.

2) I'm grateful for Adam.  Everything is better with Adam. 

3) I'm grateful Emma and Braeden are having so much fun they don't really have much time to text their mama. 

Braeden did text me this:

Why won't he smile for pictures?  It's a mystery.

He is in his element.  He loves nothing more than meeting new people and playing silly get to know you games.

Emma texted me this:


I can completely relate.  I think things like that are the worst too.  She slipped away.  One of the best things I learned in college was from my roommate Jamee.  She said that you can say, "I have to be somewhere." Usually no one asks follow up questions.  And sometimes the "somewhere" you need to be is "away from here."  I've taught Emma the same exit strategy.  Introverts unite!  (Separately.)

Emma is happy happy though.  She loves the girls on her floor and is making friends.  Her way.  Good luck anyone in the world trying to get Emma not to do things her way.

4) I'm saddened by the heartbreaking images and stories I've heard and seen from Texas.  I'm grateful for the many stories I've seen of help and rescue.  People are good.

5) I'm grateful for the bluebird that lands on the little roof line outside my window in the morning and visits me while I type.

6) I'm grateful for a new month.  Here's hoping for cooler days, new opportunities and settling into new normals.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails