Pages

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Contentment



Mark has been sick.  Could be he slept/didn't sleep in the falling snow all night last Friday.  (scouts = shaking my head)

If there's one thing I can do though, it's take care of my kids when they're sick.  I bring them a constant supply of juice.  I plug in the humidifier where it is out of danger of being knocked over, out of the way of the TV, and close enough to be effective.  It's very scientific.

For that reason--my self proclaimed knack for tending the sick--I was slightly offended when Mark told me I would make a terrible doctor.

I asked, "Why would I make a terrible doctor?!?"

Mark said, "Because you'd be one of those doctors that overprescribe antibiotics and give out opioids."

I was up to my elbows in the hall closet at the time where we keep the medicine.  I had quizzed him on symptoms and I was coming up with a cocktail of drugs for him.

He makes a fair point.

Adam had a business dinner but I made a big pot of creamy chicken noodle soup for my boy.

Then I put a big container of creamy chicken noodle soup in the fridge.  We'll have leftovers until June.  I forget sometimes that our family is small now.

I also lit some candles.  January means cozy scenes around here.



Mark read me Boys' Life jokes while I cleaned the kitchen.  We don't get the magazine any more; he found them online.  Some of them made me laugh out loud.

The contentment that swirled around me reminded me that life is good.  It isn't perfect.  There are frustrating situations and tiresome people and thwarted plans.  These aren't big problems though.

Maybe one of the blessings of real troubles is recognizing when you aren't really having any.



1 comment:

Olivia said...

What a beautiful, cozy home!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails