Pages

Friday, January 12, 2018

Grateful Friday



Today I'm grateful for President Thomas S. Monson.  His funeral is today and I'll be watching it and remembering a great man.

When I was growing up, his were always my favorite talks in conference because of the stories he told.  I loved to hear him speak because he entertained me and made me feel warm inside.

As an adult, I have had various real experiences where I have felt the Spirit confirm to me that President Monson was a prophet of God.  I've felt lifted by the words of a prophet and amazed that he seemed to be speaking just to me when he was in reality speaking to everyone.

There are many ways that President Monson has inspired me.  The internet has been littered with quotes by him lately and I've loved that.

One that I've always remembered and appreciated is this:



I aspire to be like that.  I want to be trustworthy and on the Lord's errand.  I'm grateful I get chances to try.

Sometimes the things I'm asked to do are not that hard.  I have the time and the ability.  Sometimes they are hard.  Sometimes I don't want to.  Sometimes I feel like I don't have the time or talent or inclination.

I'm grateful for a prophet of God who has inspired me to be better.  To keep trying.  To be someone who will run those errands.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

We are getting out of school early to watch the funeral and trying to be like President Monson today in honor of him.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails