Pages

Thursday, January 4, 2018

Hygge

As I've packed up Christmas stuff, I've pulled out my winter whites.  Last night I lit candles and told Adam and Braeden that I was going for a hygge feeling.

 






They didn't know what that meant and I told them that since they are Danish they should know.  (Adam's grandma was born in Denmark.)

I explained that it basically means cozy and then Braeden accused me of cultural appropriation because I'm not Danish.

I might be though.  I got an Ancestry DNA test for Christmas.  When I get the results back, I may have a little Danish in me.  I'm not going to back off of hygge yet.  (Also, according to Wikipedia, hygge, while part of the Danish culture, comes from a Norwegian word.  And I'm pretty sure I'm Norwegian.  My DNA test will clear a lot of this up.  Besides, when you're this pale, I think you can safely appropriate Scandinavian culture.)


1 comment:

Olivia said...

Your home is so lovely! And, I enjoyed learning a new word--I had to look up how to pronounce hygge.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails