Pages

Friday, January 5, 2018

Grateful Friday

We are at the tail end of the vacation and it has been wonderful to have our children home.  It's been more laundry, more food, more dishes, more noise and more fun.

Sometimes it has been like this:


But mostly it has been things like Wednesday when I went to the chiropractor and asked the kids to change the sheets on their beds and clean bathrooms while I was gone and they did.

One night, Emma and Adam and I read Tom Swifties to each other and then came up with our own.  (Adam is a very clever and funny man, but this is not his best form of wit, let's just say.  Days later he did come up with a winner:  "Let me in your restaurant," Tom said without reservation.)  My favorite one of our invention was, "My son has a clone," Thelma remarked.

Yesterday I cleaned the pantry.  It's the kind of job that can't be undertaken lightly.  I pulled everything out and there wasn't a flat surface in the kitchen.  There was even stuff on the floor.  The pantry is maybe some kind of miracle like Mary Poppins' bag.  How did it all fit?

Emma read every package and determined any food that had expired.  Braeden, surveying the kitchen, suggested we go get lunch somewhere.

I reminded him of the post-Christmas austerity measures I had declared.  He said, "I haven't been spending any money this vacation.  You've been buying me everything.  I'll pay for some pizza."

And that's exactly what he did.

Children that are mostly grown are pretty awesome.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails