Pages

Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Books I read in January 2018

I started and then gave up on about four books this month.  They were either icky or felt like homework or something.  There are so many books to read and I am a library devotee so I can afford to be picky.

These are the ones I actually finished.

I reread this one for book club:




Goodbye for Now by Laurie Frankel ****

I think I liked it more the second time around.  And most people in my book club didn't like it.  I loved the characters and they thought the characters were weak.  I thought the software company seemed realistic (based on second hand info from Adam working at Amazon) and they all thought it didn't seemed realistic (based on second hand info from wherever their husbands work).

So I guess this is to say, take my recommendations with a grain of salt.




When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead ****

Braeden gave me this Newbery for Christmas and I thoroughly enjoyed it.  It's about a girl being raised by her single mother in New York City.  It's a little bit mind bending and a little bit sweet and a whole lot real (even though the mind bending part wasn't real).  Authors like this who can pack so much goodness into a pretty simple story are the best.




Heartless by Marissa Meyer ***

I read this one for book club.  It isn't the genre I prefer and I probably never would have read it because I didn't really like Cinder by the same author.  It wasn't a neat and tidy happy ending sort of story but Adam said I talked to him about it more than most books I read and I also kept reading it in any snatches of free time I had.  So I guess I liked it.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails