Pages

Thursday, January 25, 2018

Momming

Braeden needed to go to the doctor.  I said he could either go himself once I got him the new insurance card or I could meet him at the doctor's office.  He opted for me to meet him.  He said, "You know stuff."

So we met at the doctor's office.  The doctor said I looked more like Braeden's sister than his mom.  Later I asked Braeden if he thought that was really true.  Braeden said he thought people were just trying to be nice when they say that.

And that, ladies and gentlemen is why some questions are better left unasked.

The doctor asked Braeden about medicine he was taking and Braeden said, "Nothing else besides Coke Zero."

I don't think the doctor heard him.  If he did, I hope that was when he was pretending to think I was not Braeden's mother....

The doctor asked him where he was going to school.

"BYU."

"Are you dating?"

"Yeah, I'm trying to."

"I sound like your bishop now," the doctor said with a chuckle.  "I used to be a bishop in a BYU ward."

And that, ladies and gentlemen is going to the doctor in Utah County.

It wasn't quite 11:00 AM when we were done.  Braeden wondered if we wanted to go to lunch.

I said, "Isn't it early for lunch?"

He said, "I'm ready for lunch."

And that, ladies and gentlemen could be why he wanted me to meet him at the doctor's office.

I didn't mind a bit though.  Lunch with my entertaining and handsome son is always a welcome treat.

1 comment:

Olivia said...

You're so good at momming!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails