Pages

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

An upside

When Emma started college, she asked me if I was glad she was leaving.  I told her I was happy for her, but sad for me.

She was surprised, "Aren't you glad?!?  Won't your life be easier?"

I said no.  I said, "Other than being happy for you, there is no upside to you going to college."

I have finally decided there is an upside!

Emma's room makes a spectacular greenhouse.  It is situated perfectly to get winter sunlight from late morning until sunset.


I would rather have Emma in that bed than those little seedlings, but I'll take what I can get.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not excited to have Liberty go to college. But I told her the one upside is that she won't use our shower every night!!

Olivia Cobian said...

Way to see the silver lining! Why do you wish to remain anonymous, Marianne?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails