Pages

Monday, August 10, 2009

The Brute Squad: An Investment In My Future



There's a rally cry around here that always gets a response. I call my Brute Squad and they come running.

I'd like to say that my children always come running every time I ever call them but a lot of you who read this blog know better so I can't lie.

For some reason when I need The Brute Squad, they come gladly. I think they enjoy a challenge.

When you marry a big strong husband and your genetic gene pool is no slouch either, you get some strong kids.

Today's torture (I mean work but as the summer goes along it really is feeling a bit like torture) was cleaning the boys' room (cue dramatic and ominous music). The only place that rivals their room for mess is Emma's room (cue dramatic and ominous music).

Since I have a whole lot of Other Things to do that are making me lose sleep (and frankly I need my sleep, beauty and otherwise), I wanted to get as much done as possible on the boys' room. We unearthed all sort of "treasures" and vacuumed dusty corners and sorted endless legos and bionicles and you don't even want to know.

Braeden decided that he wanted to rearrange the beds. I don't like our boys' beds for many many reasons. Reason number one is that they are heavy behemoth things, impossible to move. Last year when I called the Brute Squad, we couldn't budge the beds but had to wait until Adam got home before we could vacuum behind them and retrieve stray socks.

This year I called the Brute Squad. They came. We conquered. I feel repentant for complaining about how much food they can put away. Those kids are handy to have around.

The beds were parallel and we wanted to move one of them 90 degrees to be perpendicular to the other bed. We had barely enough room for them to work that way but not enough room for the turn.

There's a reason I failed my driver's license test the first time I took it and it's called parallel parking.

I'm thinking Mark won't have a problem.

Mr. Spatial Awareness talked us through which direction we had to move everything. We ended up needing to move another big piece of furniture.

It looks like this, it's as tall as me and full of toys.

I didn't want to unload the toys so I stood on one end, put Emma on the other end and told her to put her shoulder into it. Braeden was in the middle, guiding us and we moved it without unloading a single toy.

Lovely lovely strong children!

I'll keep buying gallon after gallon of milk at Costco. Fuel for furniture movers.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Does the brute squad make house calls? Because I could use them here. My boxes keep multiplying and my strength is not. Also, I remember an earlier post or email about the new Costco milk jugs and I've thought of it every time I've bought milk at Costco. They must not be in Utah yet, because I've never seen such a strange milk jug before.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails