Pages

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Wanted: Dead or Alive

When Mark was this age:


He was known to find a dishtowel in the kitchen, cover his (bald) head with it and crawl around as fast as he could. Often he would crawl headlong into our oak bookcase.

And I used to wonder if it would have an effect on his future cognitive abilities.

When Mark was this age:


He liked to close his eyes and spin around until he collided with something. If you look closely you can see his discolored tooth from when he was spinning blindly and crashed into his bed and injured his tooth.

I wondered if this would have an effect on his future cognitive abilities.

I think I have my answer.

And I think I'll blame all of his head clunking activities.

Because I don't want to blame bad parenting.

The other day, Mark was outside running. In Cinderella fashion, he lost a shoe. In Cinderella fashion he didn't turn around to pick it up.

He left it on the lawn.

(I know, I don't get it either but remember all the head clunking.)

Days later, he went to look for the shoe.

And it wasn't there.

Have you seen it? It looks like this:


ratty and worn but Still. It fits and everything Mark has is ratty and worn so it fits in around here.

I would offer a reward but I can't afford to.

I think I need to buy new shoes.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails