Pages

Thursday, August 27, 2009

The State of Things

Good for the Soul:

Today (at long last) we opened the boxes with Mark's 1st grade school books. It's kind of like Christmas as far as excitement goes (we're a little bit nerdy like that).

Mark insisted I tell him exactly what everything was.

We pulled out one box and I read the label to Mark: Advanced Phonics Kit.

"Advanced," Mark said, "Advanced?!"

Then he puffed out a big breath of air and rubbed his forehead and said, "I am not in kindergarten anymore."

Bad for the soul:

Starting at 7:00 every morning, construction workers are constructing houses (as they're wont to do), noisily, in the field across the street.

Our field. The extension of our yard which we claimed as our own.

Although it really isn't.

Because we would not let those guys dig it up like that if it were. The new neighbors might be really nice but I don't think I'll like them more than an empty field.

Really Bad for the Soul:

I miss Adam.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails