Pages

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Day 25

I think (think) I made dinner on July 8. I'm pretty sure I did although I don't remember what I made.

Then I made dinner today.

25 days later.

Will I start a pattern here? Making dinner every 25 days? Because if that's the case, I'd better get thinking about what I want to make on August 27.

So what do you make after a 25 day hiatus of dinner making?

Well, Adam actually made it. But I'm counting it. He grilled shrimp and steak. I bought steak because we had some at my parents' house that was goo-ood and I was in the mood for more.

Then I plucked a huge and ripe zucchini from my garden. After parading it around my kitchen awhile showing off to my children and Adam that I had grown such a fine specimen, I sliced it up and fried it like my mom used to.

I added a frappe like my mom used to make (I think I sense a pattern). She used to blend vanilla ice cream and orange sherbet and 7-up together and call it frappe. My dad would tell her that you shouldn't mix citrus and dairy and I must say to my dad, "Oh yes, you must."

It was a grand feast...as it ought to have been after 25 days.

I decided since we hadn't had quite enough calories for one meal, to make a bread pudding with leftover blueberry muffins that I'd made for yesterday's swim meet.

Lovely lovely summer.

2 comments:

Janet said...

Just don't start blogging every 25 days. I don't think I would be able to handle the wait. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! You should only have to make dinner that often if it is that good. Marianne

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails