Pages

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Kindred Spirits

“Kindred Spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It’s splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world.”
Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables


I am a person who needs kindred spirits around me. I always have. It is a happy moment when I recognize a kindred spirit. And adopt them for my own.

Janet is one.

We are made of the same stuff. We have a lot of (mostly neurotic in nature) things in common.

For example, we react similarly when our children are around fireworks.



And it’s a good thing we do react this way. Adam was in London when this shot was taken and Eric was taking unflattering pictures of us so someone needed to be exhorting the children.

I wish I were more like Janet though. There are ways I think I’ll never compare. She is more gracious, stylish and proficient than I could ever hope to be.

And you should see her house.

Sheesh. My house stays up at night wishing it could be as clean as Janet’s.

Still, despite my failings, Janet is my unwavering confidant. My kindred spirit.

Happy birthday my friend.

2 comments:

Janet said...

Awww Shucks . . . you're too sweet. Tell your house to come on over and have a little looksy--it will feel much better (and I don't have even one injury or illness in way of explanation for my messy house the last few weeks.)

I'm glad we're kindred--thanks for being such a dear. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I'm excited to meet Janet.

Marianne

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails