Pages

Friday, August 14, 2009

There's a Reason It's Called Worrywart

Because warts aren't pretty. And neither is worrying.

Which is what I've been doing a lot of lately.

And it's not been pretty.

I'm worried about Adam. I'm worried about my children. I'm worried about my in-laws. I'm worried about my parents. I'm worried about my siblings. And their spouses. I'm worried about the women in my ward. I'm worried about being misunderstood.

I'm worried about all of this worry.

I'm worried that all this worry is a worry.

I can almost see the worry. It's a great big cloud. A net cast over everyone I love.

And it's too much. I don't have the capacity to take care of everyone or help everyone or--it turns out-- worry about everyone.

I just don't have it in me.

So what to do about this big cloud? This ominous Thing weighing heavily?

It occurred to me that there's only one thing I can do. Because there's only One who really can handle all of it. Not me.

I need to pray. I need to cast my burden like I've never cast my burden.

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
Matthew 11:28-30

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails