Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Instead of TV

source


Technology I love:  Hulu and Netflix

The cable we pay for is the bare minimum.  Below basic.  We like to watch TV shows on Netflix.  Mark soaks up Mythbusters and America's Funniest Home Videos.  We all love Phineas and Ferb.  We pull up Keeping Up Appearances when we need a Hyacinth Bucket fix.

We also are fans of Hulu.  Besides Masterpiece Theater on PBS, I don't think I've watched a show on TV--when it was actually on--in years.  We either connect one of our laptops to the TV or just watch on the computer.  I much prefer it to conventional TV viewing.  There are fewer commercials and we can watch it when we want.  It's our poor man's version of a DVR. 

I like to watch shows while I fold laundry.  Adam and I like to catch up with "our shows" over a span of a week because we rarely have time to watch them when they're actually on TV.  I love being able to be deliberate with my viewing.

Downside:  Because we don't watch TV, I never see movie trailers or advertisements for new TV shows.  What am I missing?  What are your favorite TV shows/ upcoming movies you are looking forward to?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails