Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

It finds us

I am about to come undone.  I'd better paint something or arrange some furniture because that keeps me sane between times I get some sunshine.

Adam is planning some business trips.  He told me four on the horizon and wondered if I wanted to join him for one of them.  I said, "Can I go with you to all of them?"

"No," he said carefully, slowly, "Not without neglecting our children..."

(Ever since our kids started going to school, it has really cramped my style.  We used to just take them with us.)

So here I am.

In the rain.

I dream about the desert.  I think about heat mirages on the freeway, climbing into a sun heated car, sunglasses.  Remember sunglasses?

Yesterday morning I heard a weather forecast on the radio.

In the morning, the rain would be concentrated from Everett south.

In the afternoon, the rain would be concentrated from Seattle north.

I told Adam and he laughed and said, "That's the worse sort of Venn Diagram."


My list of things to be grateful for puts my list of things to complain about to shame.  I know I have a happy life with a lot of good in it.

I know.

Just January (and February, March, April, May, June).  The Pacific Northwest.  I may come undone.

Yesterday afternoon, Mark and I were driving and heard on the radio, "Look for rain this afternoon."

Mark looked out the window.  "I don't think we'll need to look," he said.  "Rain finds us."

3 comments:

Marianne said...

Wow! Look at that snazzy Venn diagram thing. How do you know how to do stuff like that with technology?

Sage Grayson said...

I used to live someplace with terrible weather too. But instead of rain, it was 3 feet of slushy snow. Bad weather just makes the summers that much sweeter, right?

Whitney said...

We have sunshine here!! Come visit! Of course, I did have to spend an hour in a tornado shelter yesterday... So maybe San Diego would be better.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails