Sixteen things I love about Braeden:
1) He makes me laugh. He is one of the funniest people I know. Right up there with Tabor and Adam and Olivia.
2) He doesn't let his learning disability define or limit him. His English teacher told me the other evening that he is very funny and SO smart. I felt like crying. She doesn't know the music that is to my ears. I've invested more worry in him and his learning disability than you can imagine. He still can't spell, but he's getting an A in honors English.
3) He is sentimental.
4) He loves his mother. Sometimes I wonder if I deserve his affection. Other times I just go with it.
|I look terrible and sickly in this picture. I'll blame the lighting in Small World at Disneyland. Look at that cute boy though.|
5) He is a peacemaker and rarely, if ever, argues with his siblings.
6) He is passionate about history so I can always ask him my questions and he helps me put events in context.
|Braeden contemplating ancient Roman ruins in London.|
7) He wants to be good.
8) He has no idea he's handsome.
9) He can reach things off high shelves.
10) He loves big ideas and is open to changing his mind.
11) When he has money he either wants to save it or buy books or music.
12) If I ever want something done quickly, he's the one to ask.
14) He loves little children and they love him.
|sending his cousins flying like Superman--he perfected this technique with "The Adventures of Red-Headed Superman" (a.k.a. Mark)|
15) He is absolutely loyal to people he loves.
16) Of all the things he laughs at, he is never afraid to laugh at himself.
Happy Birthday boy. I will never deserve such a good son but I'm glad you're mine anyway.