Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

This time will be different!

Remember this?



I knitted the above "scarf" that turned out to be an excellent goat coat for Horace. (I didn't do anything to make it asymmetrical, it just happened.)


It turns out I'm not the best knitter in the world.  (I know, who didn't see that coming?)

I decided to try again.

Einstein defined insanity as doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

(That's kind of rude, Einstein.  I am knitting again and I'm expecting great things.)

Here's what I have so far:


I think it is already better.  Looks like it will be scarf-shaped, rather than goat-coat-shaped, right?

I was poring over the knitting book that Janet gave me for Christmas.  Reading instructions has never been top of my skill set but I was applying all my powers of concentration.  "I don't get this," I lamented, "This book is smarter than I am."

Braeden was walking through the room.  He said,  "It's in English, isn't it?  Just read the book."

Kind of makes me regret the nice things I said about him last week.  

4 comments:

Marianne said...

My girls raided my closet today for Fashion Disaster Day at school. Why did we have these kids anyway??

Janet said...

I'm not the BEST teacher but let me know if you would like another knitting session. :)

p.s. It's looking good to me!

Liberty said...

I tried knitting once and it did NOT work!

Olivia Cobian said...

I see nothing wrong with Horace getting another coat. Do you think he wants to wear the same one day in and day out?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails