Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Our project



I saw this online and decided to try it.

Mark was enlisted to cut some branches off the salmonberry bush in our yard.

Emma was enlisted to help because she is good at this sort of thing.

Braeden slid our work aside on the kitchen table so he could have a bowl of cereal.  He is usually either just about to have a bowl of cereal, eating a bowl of cereal or just finishing a bowl of cereal.

We applied white duct tape and folded it and trimmed it.  "You're so much faster than I am," Emma lamented.  "I wish I weren't a perfectionist."

There are plenty of times I wish I were more of a perfectionist.  I don't have it in me to slow down and do things perfectly.

So I quickly made leaf after leaf and Emma carefully made a few leaves.

Then she trimmed some of mine to make them look better.

The world needs both of us.  People like me get things done, fast.  People like Emma make sure they're done well.

(We need our boys too.  Someone needs to cut the branches.  Someone needs to eat the cereal.)




1 comment:

Sage Grayson said...

I'm a total perfectionist. While I like my end results, it does take me longer to get there.

Your leaves and branches look adorable! Who knew duct tape could be so versatile?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails