Pages

Friday, January 4, 2013

I just want to send birthday cards

It's all I want.

(OK, not all.)

It shouldn't be that hard to send a simple birthday card to my nearest and dearest (or far away and dearest) on their birthdays.  I have tried clever little ways to remind myself and I keep forgetting.  Olivia pointed out it's the higher numbers that cause the trouble.  I can remember Clarissa (April 3), Liliana (March 3), Kain (March 5), Hyrum (June 11), but then it gets sort of hazy.  Ruben (November 27?), Desi (May twenty-something?).  See, pathetic.

So I made myself a calendar.

If you are going to make yourself a calendar, a bonus is that you can put whatever you want on the pages.  I've made birthday calendars before.  They were intended as gifts and I was careful to give equal billing to various family members.

This calendar is for me.  Just me.  (So I can remember birthdays.)

A by-product of the birthday remembering?  Every time I look at my new calendar, (that I hung in my schoolroom so I can look at it many, many times through the day) I get unreasonably happy.


Braeden's birthday is in January so I put my favorite pictures of him on the page.  In February, I have covered it with my favorite Emma Jayne pictures.  I think I'll be happy all year.

Everyone should make their own calendars.  It seems they are a key to joy.

3 comments:

Sage Grayson said...

Cute idea! I have trouble remembering birthdays too. But Facebook reminds me. :)

Marianne said...

I assume the May page is full of pictures of Marianne.

Olivia Cobian said...

I guess I'm just a little surprised that your January page doesn't even contain a little nod to your favorite sister.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails