Pages

Monday, September 8, 2014

Belated

Emma's half birthday was August 17.  We completely ignored the day.  I told Emma we'd celebrate later and then we never did.

On Thursday night, when she and I were driving to our first ever yoga class, taught by the inestimable Melanee, I told Emma that I had not forgotten and we would still celebrate her birthday sometime.

Emma said, "It's OK, Mom.  You don't have to."

And she really meant it because she's low maintenance and very little trouble.  We don't really celebrate real birthdays so if we didn't celebrate her half birthday... that was not OK with me.

The next morning, I got the idea that we'd celebrate that day.  That afternoon, Mark and I went on a quest.  I had gained the inspiration from something I saw on Pinterest.  Here's what we gave Emma:


We even bought a blue yoga mat...for our second ever yoga class next week.  Also there was an Amazon gift card included for the little bookworm.
We surprised Emma when she got home.  We left it up to her where we were going to go for dinner and it took her awhile to decide (see above:  she's low maintenance and very little trouble).  She wanted to know where everybody else wanted to eat.

She finally landed on Zupa's which I thought was spectacular.  The restaurants around here are making me happy!

We came home for cheesecake birthday cake (my energy was spent on tracking down blue gifts rather than baking cake):


I'm glad she's my girl. 

4 comments:

Marianne said...

Happy belated half birthday Emma Jayne!

Geri said...

Everyone needs occasions to have their own uniqueness celebrated and Emma is one of a kind. Blue is not a color I would associate with Emma but blue gifts including a new "Y" shirt is great.

Olivia Cobian said...

You're such a great mom!

Stephanie L Johnson said...

not to mention the photographer took a lovely photo of an even lovlier Emma

slj

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails