Pages

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Progress

The previous owners of our home left a cheesy quote made out of vinyl letters in the stairwell.  I knew it would be short lived.

In related news, Braeden sent me this:


I am a fan of good quotes.  I collect them.  I guess I like to be the master of my own quotes though.  The one in the stairwell was coming down!

I reached over the railing and pulled off what I could reach.  I pulled off some paint too so I got a hair dryer and a ladder.  Heating the vinyl made it less likely to pull paint away.  I only got partway done.  Turns out balancing awkwardly on a ladder with your hands raised high above you isn't easy.

Here's what was left:



Mark surveyed what was left and said, "It's only awkward if you make it awkward."

I don't know where he gets the things he says.  But they make me laugh.

Adam, in an act of heroism, finished removing the letters for me.

I laid all the pictures on the floor that I wanted to hang in the stairwell.

as a bonus, Emma's on the couch...


Adam said, "Forget the wall.  I think gallery floors may be the new hot item on Pinterest."

I don't know where he gets the things he says.  But they make me laugh.

The next day I got a hammer and a bunch of nails and started hanging.  Gallery walls must be entered into with abandon, or not at all.  Especially if you're like me and you wouldn't even know where to start measuring.  I just go for it, I trust my eye more than my ability to be accurate.

It more or less works.



(The one picture is heavy and needs molly screws which are beyond my skill level...Adam will have to be heroic again.)


3 comments:

Marianne said...

Very ambitious! And lovely.

Jennifer said...

Wow. I read on FB the other day about a mom who hired a cleaning lady and a "professional organizer" to get her house in order. I understood the cleaning lady idea, but I didn't know about professional organizers. I think I want you to be my professional organizer! You've put more on the walls in your short time there than I have in over 2 years. I'm so excited to come and visit to see it in person! Good job.

Olivia Cobian said...

Ditto. And ditto.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails