Pages

Friday, September 19, 2014

Perspective

Every day Mark and I have lunch together and every day our conversation is...interesting.  The topics are many and varying.  Often it turns into him asking me a series of "Would you rather...?" questions.  The other day it was would you rather ride this ride at Disneyland or that one?  When he got to, "Would you rather ride the tea cups or California Screamin'" I said I would rather curl up in a ball with a blanket.

Yesterday after lunch we had to go to Costco and the grocery store.  I was dreading both.  A hassle.  Tedious and taking me away from more interesting things I had to do at home. 

Mark started asking me questions.  "Would you rather live in Syria or Iraq?"

I said, "Is there a third choice?"

He said, "The Ukraine."

I picked that.  Safer for a Christian.

Next, "Liberia or North Korea? Gaza?"

Suddenly rather than onerous burdens, Costco and the grocery store felt like the wonderful luxuries that they are.  I drove to the store in complete safety and in air conditioning to boot.  I bought what I needed.  I chatted with my ginger along the way.

Sometimes it's good to remember how good I have it.



P.S.  Here's something else I'm grateful for:  visitors.  We had our college friend Robbie over for dinner on Monday night.  We met each other 23 years ago which is slightly confusing because I don't feel that old...

Also, I just said good-bye to our overnight guests, Enoch and Jennifer and their children.  It was wonderful to have them.  We had a dinner with all of us and Ammon and Melanee's family and it was lovely.  Then we plied Enoch for advice.  Smart brothers are a convenient asset in this world.  Isaiah and Luke and Savannah are delightful nephews and niece.  I am looking forward to getting better acquainted with them.

I'm a looking forward a little less to dealing with Mark today who stayed up way too late with his cousins...

But family.  It makes the world go 'round.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails