Pages

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Labor Day 2014

Yesterday morning, Braeden and I decided to take a walk along our new favorite trail.  Braeden went outside first and then he came back in.

"I think America invaded," he said.

In front of every house, there was an American flag, for Labor Day.  The young men from church had put them in place.


As far as invasions go, not bad.

We took another walk when Clarissa was with us.  We like it that much.  Here we are at the designated end of the line where we are always too tired to continue.  Eventually we'll venture past this point:

Notice I'm wearing my Glacier Peak t-shirt.  At PGHS, the fight song talks about being "loyal to the G".  I'm loyal to two G's.  PGHS and GPHS
It's a beautiful walk:

Emma and Mark sped ahead because they wanted to get a drink.  Adam fell behind because he wanted to take a picture.
After the exertion of our walk we went to Sonic for Happy Hour milkshakes and then watched "Paul Blart Mall Cop" because Clarissa hadn't ever seen it and because "Paul Blart Mall Cop."  It was a great way to spend the afternoon.

Later Emma, Clarissa, and off and on Braeden, were sitting at the piano and singing.  It was delightful.  Braeden said, "Clarissa!  You can sing! You give me chills!"

The girl has talent.

I kept interrupting them to ask advice about picture placement.  I was moving pictures and end tables and lamps and--I feel like there should be a drumroll here...

I found the bird curtains!  They were in a basket in the basement.  What I can't tell you is why they were in a basket in the basement.

Also, I've already decided I wanted these curtains hung there instead:


All that bird curtain angst for nothing...

Speaking of curtains, Olivia requested a picture of the old brown satiny curtains.  I'd do just about anything for Olivia and here's proof:

our piano was one of the first things the movers unloaded from the truck--I guess Braeden was making sure it still worked

2 comments:

Marianne said...

What a happy post. Clarissa told me about what an amazing singer Emma is.

Olivia Cobian said...

Thank you for the brown curtain shot. You found your curtains; we found our gecko! All is well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails