Pages

Friday, September 26, 2014

Things I have lost

1-The ability to sleep through the night.

2-The brain power to remember if it is recycling week or not.

3-The skill to communicate with my children about their transportation needs.

4- The capacity to actually take a photo with my phone when I thought I had.  (I was sure I had!)

Maybe if I get number one figured out the rest will fall into place?

Last night we went to Clarissa's choir concert at BYU.  (Yes, there were hundreds of singers, but it was Clarissa's concert...at least to me.)  It was a choir showcase of the audition choirs at BYU.  The best of the best.  And it was incredible.

When the Women's Chorus filed in, of which Clarissa is a part, I felt my eyes get a little teary.  I blame my dad.  But Clarissa looked beautiful and it was exciting to see her a part of something so wonderful.  I kept thinking, "Marianne should be here!" but then I thought, "I'll just have to be here for Marianne."

It isn't really logical but it made me feel a little better.

So Marianne, your girl was gorgeous.  She glowed like a shiny penny and I'm pretty sure she was the best one (although it was sort of hard to tell).

In addition to the Women's Chorus, the Men's Chorus sang (amazing), the Concert Choir (amazing) and the BYU Singers (amazing).  Our entire family was transfixed (and Mark was also thirsty). 

I kept thinking of the 13th Article of Faith:
...if there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things...
Afterward we found our girl and hugged her and tried to express how fabulous it was.  I took a picture of Emma and Clarissa and Braeden together and...it isn't on my phone.  You'll just have to take my word for it.

A girl came up to Clarissa while we were talking to her and congratulated her.  She said, "I'm in your Book of Mormon class!" 

Clarissa said, "Really? Now we have to be friends!" 

The girls heartily agreed and went away with a "See you on Tuesday!"

There is no danger of celebrity going to Clarissa's head.

Adam swung by Sonic on the way home for slushes.  (It was an unseasonably warm night.)  We all placed our orders and waited and waited...and waited.  The kid finally approached with the slushes.  He said, "Is it bad that I don't know what any of these are?"

We said it was OK, we would figure it out.  He said, "Do you want an indecent amount of straws?"

Um...no?

He said, "I'll give you six so you can try all the slushes and don't have to share straws."

I'm not sure how one extra straw would make that happen for us but I'm no math whiz.  The drive home consisted of us passing around the slushes, trying to determine the flavors.  In the end, none of us had any idea if we got the correct one but we just went with it.  The one with the most distinguishable flavor was Braeden's and it was lime, which he'd ordered.  It was also bright red.

We can't all, Sonic guy.  And some of us don't.

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Ooh, this made me cry. I'm so glad you were there. Clarissa called exuberant about how wonderful the Davises are and how she is sooooo glad they moved to Utah.

Olivia Cobian said...

I guess I can blame Big Guy for my tears too?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails