Pages

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Books I read in February 2017

I didn't read much.  It was a month where my attention was largely elsewhere.  I did finish these two:


The Black Cauldron by Lloyd Alexander **

I enjoyed this book more than the previous one in the series.  (This is the one with the Newbery award so I guess that makes sense.)  I learned something that the rest of the world probably already knew.  The Disney Black Cauldron movie is based on these books.  I've never seen the Disney movie but Adam has.  So that is something.


The Boys in the Boat by Daniel James Brown ****

I've been wanting to read this book for a long time.  Someone picked it for book club so I read it.  (I didn't go to book club because Braeden.)  I loved it!  The history was interesting.  It's set in Seattle so I knew the places it talked about.  I realized who Royal Brougham Way (a street in Seattle) was named after.  I even liked the sports drama.  Good good stuff.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails