Pages

Friday, March 3, 2017

Grateful Friday

I'm reading The Gifts of Imperfection by Brené Brown.  In it she wrote that she blogs about gratitude every Friday.

I thought it was a good idea.

Today I'm grateful for Janet.

She's the kind of friend that sent me a video scientifically proving that McDonald's Diet Coke tastes better than other kinds.  (It's something we've always theorized about.)

She's the kind of friend that sends Braeden cookies on his mission and has been a rescuer of my children on various occasions.  She's the kind of friend who provided best friends for my kids with her own stellar children.

She's the kind of friend who prays for us (and I pray for them too).

She's the kind of friend that every time I see her or talk to her, it's like no time has passed.

Why did I do a rotten thing like move away from her?

Braeden eyed the houses for sale in our neighborhood and said, "The Jorgensens should move here!"  I told him the problem was that whenever I mention it to Eric and Janet they remind me of what a hard time we had moving here.

Rats.  Sometimes I should be less forthcoming.

But Janet's the kind of friend you tell things to.

And besides, like Braeden said, "But we're here.  It would be different for the Jorgensens!"

Today I have a playdate/phone call scheduled with Janet.  So excuse me while I go make sure my phone is charged up completely.

Those phone calls tend to take some time.  We have to talk about all the things.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails