Pages

Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Johnson weekend


After a fairly mild week, we had snow all weekend.  I bought these flowers at the grocery store in protest.  

Because spring is coming and I have the flowers to prove it.

Yesterday afternoon, the snow had largely melted and I noticed about three inches of daffodil shoots in the front yard.  

March is fickle but spring is fighting her way here.

We have had a lovely few days, highlighted by spending time with our two favorite Johnson families.

Thursday night we went to the BYU women's basketball game to watch our perennial MVP, Paisley.  I was thrilled to see Stephanie as always and they brought Gavin this time so that made Mark thrilled too.  (They both immediately disappeared.)  Then the other favorite Johnsons, Marianne and family, joined us at the game.

We went for Jamba Juice after with Marianne and family but only they got drinks because they were closed by the time Adam and I got there.  (It was fine, we were mostly there for the society.)

Mark had gone back to Sundance with Gavin to stay the night and miss school Friday.  When I was talking over the scheme with Adam, he said, "Gavin trumps school."  I agreed and also, what kind of message does this give our kids?  We are really good or really bad at truancy, depending on how you look at it.

Friday Stephanie and Brent dropped Mark and Gavin off at our house on their way to Salt Lake for some sight seeing.  I got home from work to two hungry boys.  They talked me into Costa Vida.

Those two have been talking me into things for 15 years which is approximately how long they've known each other.

We enjoyed having Gavin around.  If there's anyone who's an extension of our family, it's that kid.

We met the Marianne Johnsons for dinner and then the Stephanie Johnsons picked up Gavin.

Every time we're with Marianne and Robert, Adam and I talk about how much we enjoy those two.  Their kids are pretty awesome too.

Carolina talked everyone into going to Classic Skating and the kids skated and the adults (except Robert who crashed a few spectacular times) didn't.  Braeden and Anna were there too but Emma and Mark had both gone to work.

It was a good time and I'm glad that Adam's genes are apparently winning because Braeden is more or less able to skate and I'm not able to. (I'm a card carrying member of the Least Athletic People in America--we have a lot of fun in the club.  We don't roller skate at meetings.)

All week I'd been fighting a sore throat and generally feeling lousy and Saturday morning I decided I was just going to give in and spend the day resting and being sick.

Then Mont, a man in our ward, texted Adam.  Mont and his wife keep stats at the BYU women's basketball games and they had a person who couldn't come and he wondered if Adam wanted to fill in.  That is right up Adam's alley so he said an immediate yes.  Mark wanted to go and see Gavin at the game so I decided I might as well be sick there as at home.  I took a picture across the court of Adam in his official capacity.



I was happy to sit by Stephanie and the games are always fun but then I felt worse.

I spent the rest of the weekend sick and the good news, besides the daffodils, is that I am all better now!

1 comment:

Marianne said...

I think Adam needs to become a fixture in that seat! We loved seeing you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails