Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Just give me a few days

Yesterday I woke up in a cloud and spent the day in a cloud and I don't even live in Seattle anymore.  I blame Daylight Savings Time.  Springing forward is the worst.

Mark texted me:

You paid for my AP World test, right?

No.

Was I supposed to?

Did anyone ever tell me to?

When do you have to pay it?

I remembered that when we were in Palm Desert one time I had to pay for one of Braeden's AP tests and we usually went to Palm Desert in late February.  I started panicking that I had missed the deadline and feeling really irritated with Mark that he never told me when the deadline was.

(Maybe I should have felt flattered that he thought I was clairvoyant and had already paid.)

I got on Myschoolfees, which is one of a handful of websites that is slowly sucking the life force out of me.  It said all AP tests must be paid by March 24.

(See above, me-in-a-cloud, for this next part.)

I had missed the deadline!  Now he couldn't take the AP test!  Now he wouldn't get into college!  Now he was going to live in our basement forever!

Then I remembered that March 24 had not come yet.

So I sheepishly paid the fee.


1 comment:

Mark Dahl said...

Especially interesting that you didn't realize the date since your birthday is March 23.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails