Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2019

All the feels

Last night Geri texted this picture to Adam:


From the right it shows Adam's uncle Randy peaking around the corner, Adam's cousin Brock holding Brian's dog Ford, Mark with the red curls (my heart!), and Brock's late wife, Crystal, holding Mark.

I can't stop looking at/thinking about this picture.

I see an unposed picture (exactly one person looking at the camera) and that my little cherub has sort of a messy face (he probably just ate something delicious) but I see other things too.

I see Crystal's arms lovingly clasped around Mark, holding him up so he can see Ford (who Mark adored!).  I miss Crystal.  I see Adam's uncle and cousin and remember how kind they have always been to me.  All of Adam's cousins are just really really nice.  And I see cute Ford.  Ford and his playmate Duke, both passed away recently.  We all sort of feel it because they had a Presence in the family.  Everyone loved those dogs.  We tried to keep the news away from Mark as long as possible for no rational reason besides we didn't want him to be sad.

The above picture was taken on a Christmas Eve.  The next day, on Christmas day, Brian's dogs were in the garage and we kept finding Mark snuggled between them.

Sometimes I think about that and wish we'd just gotten the boy a dog of his own.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

You made the right choice--having a dog is such a pain.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails