Pages

Thursday, June 6, 2019

Amendment

After an exceptionally rainy and cool spring, summer weather has arrived.  I turned on the AC and sprinklers.  Yesterday Marianne called and asked me how my summer was going.  I said, "Not great."  But I had been on the phone with our insurance company, which despite their kindness, is soul deadening, staring down a pile of paper on my desk and spinning my wheels with wedding plans.  It was an unfair assessment of my summer.  I need to amend my statement.

Summer has been treating me pretty well.

Waiting rooms + insomnia have afforded me more chances to read.  I finished a book at 4:00 AM that was a complete cliff hanger.  When I was telling Emma about it, I accidentally said cliff ender.

I think it's a better description so I'm sticking with it.

**
*

Last night Adam and Emma and I sat on the deck and watched the sunset and Emma played a few songs on the guitar she wrote.  She sang along and her voice is mesmerizing.  And how does a person just make up melodies anyway?  That feels impossible to me.

**
*

Mark and I have been taking a walk together every morning.  We talk the whole time but I have no idea what we talk about.  It's just an easy walk with a boy who's easy to be with.

**
*

Braeden called yesterday and he's enjoying EFY.  He said it's better than last year.  And he loved last year, so who can argue with that?

**
*

Both kids were gone last night and I had a 6:00 meeting so Adam and I ate dinner together after.  He'll forever be the one for me.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails