Pages

Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Top of the world

Yesterday I dragged a reluctant Mark on a walk with me.  We were walking on the trail by our house and met up with Sue, a lady in our ward who runs up there every day.  She was there for a walk with her dogs though.

Mark went home when we completed our initial loop but I continued on with Sue.

There comes a point in the trail where you can make a choice.


I had only ever gone on the trail on the right because I am not crazy and the steepness of that other hill is.

Well, Sue said, "Let's go up there."

And I guess peer pressure is still a thing when you're 46 because I said OK.

It was hard.  But I decided that hard was what I needed.  In the long list of to do's, I have not been exercising as much as I would like.  There always seem to be more pressing needs.

I went back this morning (earlier, so it wasn't as hot) and it was still hard.  My lungs and legs burn as I push up the last steep bit.  But the view is amazing.

 There's Provo to the south.


And Alpine and Lehi to the north.


And here's Pleasant Grove.


I want to go back tomorrow morning.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails