Pages

Monday, June 10, 2019

Up and down and all around

It was an exciting weekend.  If by exciting you mean getting texts like this:


Braeden was at EFY with a bunch of his boys.  The boys decided to jump in the elevator which turns out can be a really bad idea.  They did a little free fall, then got stuck.

Braeden didn't jump with them but he also didn't stop them because he's pretty laid back like that. (The EFY counselors are more mature and wise than their charges, but just.)

So there they were for 40 minutes.  One of the boys started freaking out and crying and Braeden brought him over next to him and got all the boys singing hymns together to pass the time.

Alls well that ends well.  And I'm guessing they won't be jumping in elevators again any time soon.

I picked Braeden up early Saturday morning from BYU.  I quickly washed a few of his shirts and then we headed to SLC to the airport where he left for two weeks of EFY in Flagstaff.  It was a nice little shot of goodness to be around Braeden briefly.

Emma was working and Adam and I took Mark to lunch to celebrate his half birthday which is today, but Adam is gone.  The lunch conversation was all about Marvel movies which I haven't watched.  I tried to watch Dr. Strange once but I just can't get into them.

Adam and Mark dropped me off at home and they went to go get Mark a new phone.  His old one, a hand me down, has been struggling in various ways.  Usually Mark has been given the phones that Adam or I handed down to Braeden or Emma, who in turn handed them down to Mark.  For the first time Mark has a new to him phone. I don't think he's stopped grinning.

The three of us repotted Felicia.  I was nervous about it but we all survived.  She is as tall as I am now and she makes me happy.



Saturday night when I was in my pajamas, Adam and I decided to go to the store.   I had layered yoga pants and a sweatshirt over my pjs and we were just going to Walmart.  I decided I'd fit right in.

Emma realized she'd left her phone at work.

So we went there first for the phone.  Then Target right's by the theater so we decided to go there instead of Walmart.  I had felt OK about Walmart; I felt a little less confident about the box office at the theater or Target, but what can you do?

Yesterday Anna and Natalie (her sister) came for dinner.  Desi is en route to Hong Kong with her family and Braeden is in Flagstaff so our numbers were depleted.  I asked Anna how Braeden was doing because I knew she would have heard from him more than we had.

We had a nice afternoon with the Carlson girls then they headed back to Provo and Adam and Emma packed up and headed to Denver.  Mark and I are joining them later in the week.

In the eleventh hour, we remembered Emma's fish and Heather agreed to feed him this week.

There's a reason I'm not a pet person.





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails