Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Liberty

Saturday we had the great pleasure of going to the temple with Liberty who is preparing to serve a mission in the Arkansas Bentonville mission.  To know Liberty is to love her.  She is sweet and good and kind and talented and helpful and beautiful all wrapped into one person.



Here is our group after the temple.  Adam was home recovering from a cold so he wasn't with us.  I loved that my grandma was there too.  She worked in the Jordan River temple for 15 years and that has always mattered to me.  I remember staying with her for a week during the summers and she would leave before we woke up some days to go to the temple.

When I went to the temple for the first time (the evening before our wedding) it was in the Jordan River Temple.  My grandma was there.  It was like she was my tour guide in her native land.

Saturday, in the session we were on, I happened to be seated behind Marianne and Liberty and Anna.  Desi was next to me and my mom and grandma were behind me.

My kinswoman.

Speaking of, here are the pillars that hold me up, my sisters:

I was the only one wearing heels.

Below is Liberty pictured with the cute kids who went to the baptistry while the rest of us were on our session.  Mark and Morgan baptized their sisters and each other.  I can't tell you how much I love that.


They were finished before we were and not knowing Grandma Jaynes was in the temple with us, decided to go visit her.  I had the keys to our van with me, but the Johnson's van was unlocked (which is a good thing because the keys were in it).

None of them knew exactly where Grandma Jaynes lived but Emma remembered Winchester Street, Carolina remembered there was a Chick-fil-a and Morgan remembered there was a loop on the freeway nearby.  They used google maps and triangulated a location.



They're pretty smart; even though Grandma wasn't home, they found her house.

1 comment:

Marianne said...

I love this! And you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails