Pages

Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Angst, but a vacation

Yesterday and today I have professional development training.  It is a mix of wow this is boring and doesn't apply to me and wow I am in over my head and wow this is amazing and I can't believe how lucky I am that this is my job.

Also, weirdly, when I saw the teachers at my school it sort of felt like when you are at the temple and see someone from your ward.  Kind of comforting and exciting all at once.

I guess none of us knew professional development days could elicit such emotions in me.

But then, I'm an emotional person.

(Mark told me recently that I am only embarrassing myself when I cry.  He legit meant it to comfort me.)

Speaking of Mark.  Yesterday I left him lots of loving notes and reminders of what I expected him to do in my absence.

He did like 10% of it.

This morning's note is longer and hopefully more believable.

I really mean it kid.

Speaking of me and my angst, can we talk about this?


The people who used to own our house didn't do a change of address form at the post office like normal people do when they move.  There were months of mail for them that arrived here.  It has definitely tapered off, but this envelope arrived for their daughter and it looks like a greeting card/invitation/announcement of some description.

We've lived here almost 5 years!

If after five years, you don't know where someone lives, I don't think you need to send them anything.

But I dutifully wrote not at this address and put it back in the mailbox.  It feels like a social contract and I'm a rule follower.

Mark and I are leaving on a jet plane tonight.  I decided not to take my laptop even though there is plenty for me to do in the curriculum planning department.  I'm declaring a vacation.

Marianne is the only one who gets cranky when I don't blog and she's going to Hong Kong...maybe she's there by now?...probably not, it's a long trip.

With her gone, I feel like I have a free pass here.

See you on the flip side.

2 comments:

Gwilliam Fam said...

Hope your vacation was more relaxing than stressful. Does Marianne have a blog that’s shareable?

Marianne said...

You’re lucky I’m just reading your blog now or I would have been super mad! Furious!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails