Pages

Friday, June 7, 2019

Grateful Friday

Today I'm grateful for:

All the birds outside

It feels like there are more than usual and they are beautiful.  Maybe all the rain has made a nice place for them to be.  With everything so green and fragrant, I feel like it's a nice place for me to be.

Big kids

We make plans together; they are helpful.  I enjoy being with them.

Friends

Yesterday Nola and I were chatting across the cul-de-sac.  Mark and I had just arrived home from our walk and she was heading out to jump rope (she's clearly more energetic than I am).  She offered help for the wedding (she was already on my list of people to ask, but she also offered her fridge which I hadn't thought of).  She told me about the lunch they hosted after her son's wedding last summer.  They had forgotten cups so sent someone to Wal-mart.  She told me about her friends' wedding last week that was in a lovely garden but then rained out.  She said everyone grabbed food and they ran inside.  She said, "But it was fine because everyone loved each other and we were together."

That feels so profound.

It is comforting when contemplating mishaps at a wedding, but also just life.

Every single day in our home it is fine because everyone loves each other and we are together.  I LOVE THAT!

Last night Adam and I went over to our friends, the Glenns.  Warren is going on the high adventure campout later this month.  I have twin desires of not letting Mark go because I'm terrified and not telling Mark he can't go.

So you see the conflict.

I have been having nightmares about it.

We sat down with Warren and Susan and told them all about the diabetes care and concerns.  Warren told us all about the activities.  He gave us a preliminary list of food they were planning.  Susan suggested the four of us go food shopping together.  "It can be a date night," she said.  I felt their love and compassion and willingness to support Mark.

Last night I had a dream about a hydrangea.  As in, where in our yard should I put this hydrangea?

I call that progress.

Adam

Tonight all the kids are busy with other things.  That means time with Adam.  I have zero preference what we do as long as we're together (until he starts suggesting things, then I may say, "No, not that....")

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails