Pages

Thursday, November 14, 2019

Go team!

A few days ago, Mark came to me in the early morning with two problems:  1) his transmitter for his glucose monitor had given up the ghost in the middle of the night.  2) his iCloud account had been tampered with by someone in Beijing.

I called the technical support for the monitor and was involved in a lengthy conversation while trying to get ready for work.  I noticed the time and handed off the phone to Adam who finished the conversation.  Mark was at hand to supply things like the serial number and the date of the last transmitter.

Next, Adam texted everyone about the iCloud thing and said to reset passwords.  Emma responded immediately from France.

She was on it.

Mark was wearing his Sounders jersey because they had won and Adam and Mark excitedly told me about the Seahawks game the previous night while I quickly put dishes away in the kitchen.  I pulled a container out of the fridge and Adam said, "That's your lunch.  I made it last night.  Just heat it up."

I gratefully stashed it in my bag.  I gave Adam the medicine Emma needed sent to her along with her address.  I told him I didn't know if the address format was correct.  He said he'd go to the post office.

Adam had emptied the dishwasher the night before and Mark was putting some dishes in it.  Everywhere there was bustle with the backdrop of Russell Wilson heroics play by play.

I quickly packed my bag, Mark grabbed what he needed for school.  We headed off into the morning.

It was kind of a chaotic morning with a lot crammed in, but it was also a little bit exhilarating.  Sometimes we're a hot mess, but every once in awhile, we're a hot mess that works together pretty well.


1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

What a great family! Love you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails