Pages

Friday, November 22, 2019

Grateful Friday

Today I'm grateful for:

Adam

He lets me highjack almost every evening and weekend with my own plans.  "Let's wrap gifts!"  "Let's run errands!"  He's always game and always fun to be with.

He is also very...unconventional.  That's a gift he wrapped around an empty wrapping paper tube.  I told him he could faster if he would just wrap like a normal person.

He said, "This is what is keeping me going."



He's also way more generous and friendly than I am and he encourages me to be friendly when I get roped into things I don't want to do.

Our trip

I'm looking forward to our Thanksgiving trip to San Diego where we will have Thanksgiving dinner or not and have sunshine or not.  We'll be together (and missing Emma) and it will be a good time.  As long as we go to Balboa Park, I'll be satisfied.

(And as long as the roads are fine.)

Mark

I miss that kid.  Having him away makes that clear.  I miss him when he's home too though because I used to have way more time with him than I do now.

Sigh.

Emma's grand adventure

She is doing so many things, amazing and hard, and it makes me happy.  She's being stretched and she's being brave.

I work with the kindest possible people

They are all cheerful and complimentary and supportive and they make work a nice place.  (They're all tired too.)

Braeden and Anna

I'm glad they're going to San Diego with us.  We see them often but I'd still like to see them more.  Also, I think Mark will have more fun with Braeden along.  (And I might just need the girl support from Anna.)

My students

They are smart and funny and demanding and generous.  And unpredictable.  Always.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails