Pages

Friday, November 29, 2019

Memorable

We began our morning with a walk to Petco Park, where the San Diego Padres play.



I love a good baseball stadium.


Also, I love San Diego.  It is to Los Angelos what Boston is to New York.  I like it better.

We drove to Coronado Island.  It was windy and a little bit rainy, but still beautiful.

The Hotel del Coronado is beautiful.







Anna wanted to touch the water because the water touches Russia.  The boys are Davises so they had to get in the water.
All three kids got wet up to their knees.  Anna felt really bad and apologized over and over and promised she would clean the sand off her feet very well before she got back in the van.  I assured her that in the history of ever we always have sandy kids after the beach.  These kids can't look at water without getting wet + sandy.


We tried to find a good place to eat and everything was either waaaaaay more than we wanted to spend (Thanksgiving dinner at the Hotel del Coronado was $95 a plate.) or closed.  We finally settled on a Chinese buffet.  I don't like Chinese food but everyone else was excited.  Adam told me thank you over and over for being such a good sport about it.  I think in general I'm not a good sport so occasionally when I am, I get a lot of credit.

Also, the Chinese buffet was gross.

The restaurant was near the Mexican border so we drove along it and saw the sights.  If any of us had brought our passports, we may have traversed into Tijuana because there wasn't much traffic.

Our next stop was Balboa Park.  By then the rain had really ramped up.  We aren't made of brown sugar though, so we survived.

Balboa Park is lovely and it makes me want to live in a Spanish style house with terra cotta tile floor.



Adam's cousin Pam contacted us and they had some spots open in their reservation for Thanksgiving dinner at Marie Calendar's.  It was fun to see them and the dinner was delicious.

Clockwise from bottom:  Ashley and Branson--the bride and groom, Ashley's brother and parents, Braeden, Anna, Mark, me, Adam, Pam, Shane, Bridger, Braxton and Adam's aunt Jeri.

On the way back to the hotel, Braeden said, "I am still going to call the Chinese buffet our Thanksgiving dinner.  I want our first Thanksgiving together to have been at a Chinese buffet at the Mexican border."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails