Pages

Monday, November 4, 2019

The news

Both Emma and Mark asked me if this time change was, "the good one."

No time change is a good one when you have a wall of clocks, but I have only myself to blame for that.

***

My girl updated her blog.

In related news, her life is way more magical than mine.

***

Our weekend wasn't without a little mysticism though.  We met with a color expert from Sherwin Williams to advise us on paint color.  Adam referred to her as our color witch.

She did work some magic.  She guided us to some perfect paint colors and when we finally bite the bullet, I feel more confident than I did before.

***

Sunday I asked Braeden if he wanted his:  fur coat, leather coat with fur trim, powder blue suit, etc.  (The child has costumes.)

We decided to save them for dress ups for grandkids.  I imagine my weird kids will have weird kids that will like that sort of thing.

We showed Anna the music video at Glacier Peak that showed Braeden in the fur coat.  Then we had to show her T Bizzle and the Funks (the exercise video Braeden and his friends made for health class).  Braeden said, "Let's just have our Come Follow Me lesson."

I argued it would put us in the mood for Come Follow Me.

Mark said, "We should have showed it to Anna before she said yes."

Anna said, "Would it have changed my mind?"

Mark said, "It would have made you say yes sooner."

That is a loyal brother for you.

After watching I asked, "How did we get such weird kids?"

The boys said I was the one who home schooled them.

I said, "Desi was home schooled and she isn't weird."

Desi said, "Kind of."

***

Later when everyone had gone home, Mark texted this from the basement.


I wanted to talk to him about it but I didn't want to go find him or even walk to the top of the stairs and call down.

I'm not about that life.

It was exciting news though.  They were one of only four schools selected to perform and they will perform in front of 4,000 people.  Because he is "a legend" as Mark says, Mrs. Rhodes' husband is driving a big truck containing all their costumes and set for the show.  I wish we could go!

***

The final bit of good news was when I woke up this morning and realized my dream wasn't real.

I usually don't remember my dreams but after a fitful night, I woke up in the midst of a vivid one.  I was at school and I had a tiny African American baby that I was fostering.  He was adorable and so tiny and I was trying to get him to sleep before I had to start teaching and a lot of my cousins were there for no comprehensible reason.  I finally walked through this beautiful garden (that doesn't exist) and he started to fall asleep but I was super stressed about getting back to teach on time.

Remind me in case I forget that I don't have time for a foster baby right now....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails