Pages

Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Good weekend: Sunday

When I talked to Emma on Sunday, she said, "Send me some pictures.  I always send you pictures and you never send me any."

It isn't strictly true, but she sends me pictures like this:


The Louvre is free Friday afternoons if you are under 26 and Emma has been taking advantage of it!

I send her pictures like this:


So I guess she has a valid point.

I took a picture of the pie I made for Sunday dinner that overflowed.


I showed her the shirt I was wearing and said I had hoped it would help.



She sent back:


I love a girl who knows how to quote Paul Hollywood.

I took a picture of these autumnal looking kids:

Ever since Mark could reach it, he's kept a plastic cup on top of the fridge for drinks of water.  It is a better system than the piles of soda cans and water bottles and glasses in the basement.  The boy is hydrated is what I'm saying.

We had the elders over too which was nice.  I didn't get pictures of them (although I should have and I should have sent them to their mothers!) but we enjoyed having them.  I think they enjoyed being around a roomful of fairly recently returned missionaries who know what it's like.

They joined us for our Come Follow Me lesson and it was the first time they'd ever been involved in one.

Anna taught a wonderful lesson and I cried.  So pretty typical....

After the missionaries left, we went to the basement for Quiplash.

Braeden, Anna, Adam, Desi, Freja, Leif and Mark

Anna went and sat with Mark for awhile when Braeden made a quip about redheads.

I usually lose at Quiplash because my family is funnier than me in general.  My role is to laugh at all their jokes so I do bring that skill to Quiplash.

This is hard to read but it cracked me up.  The question was:  If you were allowed to name someone else's baby any weird name you wanted, what would you choose?

The answers that were provided were Deseret and Braeden.



I voted for Braeden because I already named my baby that and he turned out pretty well.

I'm glad Emma requested pictures.  Having pictures and then putting them on my blog causes me to pause a little and realize, hey, that was a fun night.




2 comments:

Marianne said...

I'm glad you took pictures too! Your kids' suggestions make my life better. Go Davis kids!

Olivia Cobian said...

I don't think I understand your shirt, but I like it. I was trying to make a connection with Paul in the Bible and a burning tent...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails