Pages

Tuesday, December 15, 2020

The contest

I used to love playing Monopoly with my sisters.  We had our own elaborate rules and it sort of ruined me for regular Monopoly.  I used to keep a deck of cards in my purse to keep Mark occupied at restaurants when he was little.  He was a world class fidgeter and we would play War which helped him not to climb the walls.  Besides that, I'm not really into games.  I like Boggle OK, but mostly because I always win at Boggle.

Games mostly bore me.  I'm not competitive.  It's one reason (and also I'm not very coordinated) that I'm not into sports.  I have no competitive drive to put my body into peril.  I never have.

So that's why it was a pretty terrible idea that I'm the "team lead" for the competition at school.  My team consists of the third and fourth grade teachers.  I was assigned team lead.  It's some sort of virtual competition.  After school, the fifth and sixth grade teachers were walking around the school with their laptops open, finding clues and talking to each other over google meet.  I was making copies.  I felt an obligatory pull to stop making copies and go rally my troops and solve some clues.  

I had the copy machine singing though and I was making progress on those copies.

The principal walked through and I said, "What's the deal with all these clues?  Are they something?"  They seemed like they could be red herrings.

He laughed like they probably were red herrings.

At the first faculty meeting he was in charge of though, he told us whoever had a sticky note under their chair would get a free day off.  We all looked under our chairs and there was no sticky note.  I told him that day that he was going to give us trust issues.

He said, "You'll get an email tomorrow with instructions about the contest."

So maybe ignore those "clues."  But I have trust issues with that guy.

But I also wanted to make copies.

If my team stages a coup and gets a new leader, I will understand.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails